The major markets and economic news from Wednesday April 10, 2013 to Thursday April 11, 2013.
- The S&P 500 futures rose 0.7 point. Dow Jones industrial average futures rose 14 points,and Nasdaq 100 futures dipped 4.5 points.
- Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) dropped 3.4 percent to $29.25 in premarket trading after Goldman Sachs cut its rating on the stock to “sell” from “neutral.
- European shares advanced in Thursday trading.
- Asian shares were boosted by fresh data that underscored a recovery in China.
- The cost of bailing out Cyprus has swollen to euro 23 billion ($30 billion).